Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog Assignment #1: Who Am I?

     My name is Donna Renee Gill. I was born and raised in Biloxi, Mississippi. I live at home with my mom and brother. I am the oldest of two children. I am 20 years old, and my brother, Charles, is fourteen. Some of the things that I enjoy doing are running, playing soccer, watching football, and hanging out with friends and family. I graduated from St. Patrick High school in Biloxi, MS in 2008. I attended the University of South Alabama my first year of college in the fall of 2008 and continued in the spring of 2009. I transferred back home to a community college (MGCCC) in Biloxi, and attended school there during fall 2009 to summer 2010 to save up some money to come back to South. I am currently attending South Alabama to pursue my degree in Elementary Education.
     I currently do not have a full time job, but I just finished out a summer camp program for kids aged 5-12. I work at Nativity Elementary in Biloxi for their after school care program part time. I also babysit when needed (probably the best job ever...you get payed to play with kids!) I chose elementary education as my major because I love being around kids and enjoy seeing how much fun they have when their learning. My biggest passion other than my sports is being around kids and being somewhat of a role model or influence on them. I am very eager and excited about starting my career as being a teacher and cannot wait to meet my future students!

No comments:

Post a Comment