Sunday, September 19, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

A/B. Google Squared & WolframAlpha are both very visual search engines. The provide information, as well as graphs & charts. The information also comes very quickly, as well as being efficient. I think that these two search engines would be very useful for students who have upcoming research papers due. Regarding the topics that I searched, the information seemed very reliable & was also presented in a manner that was easily understandable.

C/D. I did not know about either of these search engines before this assignment. I had always done the usual Google search & Wiki search (yes, I know Wiki is not a good search engine since the information can be changed by whoever, whenever.) However, I wish that I had known about them, because they would have made finding information a whole lot easier.

E. I don't think that my opinions in themselves altered as much. Rather, the information just didn't seem as overwhelming. When you realize how much bigger China & India are than the United States, it kind of makes sense that they would be so far ahead of the curve.

F. I think that this assignment taught me to be more careful when reading statistics. They seemed so overwhelming at first, but whenever I did the research behind the stats, they made more sense. This assignment taught me to be more cautious when taking statistics to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment