Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog Project #7: C4K, Daniel.L

As my C4K assignment, I was given Daniel.L as my kid to comment on. The comments that I posted on were his 'About Me' post and his 'Manifesto' post. After reading Daniel's About Me post, I realized that the two of us have a lot in common. Daniel, as well as myself, loves soccer. As a former high school soccer player, I can relate to Daniel's love for the game & often wanting to go outside and do tricks with the soccer ball. He also wrote that one of his challenges in school is getting along with the other students. This was so sad to me, because he seems like such an amazing kid. I know that he can be friends with his classmates if he could just overcome his (what he wrote off as) quietness.

I was quite impressed with Daniel's Manifesto. The first of his goals were going to bed on time. I think this is extremely important for young students. If a child doesn't get enough sleep, they are less able to focus the following day -which takes away from their learning. Daniel also said that he wants to study for at least 20 minutes a day. I really hope that he sticks to this goal, because if he does, he will do very well in his school career. Even in college, it is important to study almost every day. So, I am very proud of Daniel for this one. I think that Daniel is a smart kid & he will go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment