Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog Project #3: C4T, 2

First C4T Post:
WM Chamberlain's most recent blog post is a reflection blog. It was posted by Chamberlain to show his thoughts on his teaching in the previous week, as well as set a goal for the upcoming weeks. Aside from listing a few things that he feels he could improve upon with his teaching styles, he also mentioned that he will be teaching math next week with another teacher. His goal for this upcoming lesson was to find "real world situations where using angles is important." I think this is an excellent idea, because it seems to me that the younger students tend to be more visual learners. So, I think that by giving the students real world examples, this would better help their understanding of the subject matter.

Second C4T Post:
When I went back to make a second comment on Mr.C's blog, no new updates had been added. I was kind of disappointed, because I wanted to see how the lesson on angles went with the students. So, instead, I commented on a different post called Around the World Multiplication. This post showed a video of Mr.C's students playing the game with multiplication cards. I'm sure that most people have heard of this game, but for those who don't, here's the rules from Mr.C's blog:
This is a flash card drill game where students compete to travel around the circle. To start the game two students race to answer the multiplication (or any other kind of flash card) problem. The winner moves to the next student around the circle and race them. When the winner loses they sit in the new winner's seat. The game continues going around the circle until one student ends up at the seat they started at.
I think that this is a very good interactive game for students of any age. It provides a little bit of friendly competition, while still maintaining a learning objective. I think all teachers should incorporate more games, especially Around the World, into their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment