Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog Project #6: C4K, October

First C4K Post:
The first post that I commented on for the month of October was Room 8 at Pt England School. I commented on their Waka Artwork video that was posted by their teacher. In this video, each student displayed art that he or she drew depicting a "waka on the sea." It was very nice to be able to see each student who drew the pictures individually. The paper was black so it really made the colors pop -especially the sea and the night skyline. Also, from looking at the pictures, the students seemed very creative. It was good to see that creativity still exists at such a young age. I hope these kids never lose it.

Second C4K Post:
My second post for October was on Brodie's blog. In his post Search Engines, he described different types of search engines and what they were exactly. I think that he did a very nice job explaining the concept of search engines such as Google and Bing. He made not of the fact that you have to be specific when searching, which I thought made it seem like he really and truly understood the concept of search engines.

Third C4K Post:
The third post that I made for Kids was on Mr. McClung's World. I commented on a post where Mr.McClung previewed his 8th grade students' "Create You Own Country" project. In this video, he showed one group's virtual map that was made using Google SketchUp. I think that this is an excellent project for students to do, because it teaches them new tools that Google has to offer and also allows for a mass amount of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment